Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Off the unCharted!!

Well today was relatively uninteresting in my life. I went to school (Yes I'm a college student), fell asleep in class of course... and have done pretty much nothing else. So I thought I'd get on here and post my first "real" post related to video games. :D

So yesterday October 5th, I was one of the lucky few of the general public to have gotten into the Uncharted 2 Cinema event in San Francisco. (For more info: PS Blog) Long story short... it was AMAZING.

The moment I walked in to the theater I was shocked by the huge movie screen that was currently projecting a live feed of Uncharted 2! I didn't even realize they had free food for us in the back till a little while later. haha The whole night was filled with a handful of raffle prizes given off to random attendees as the rest competed in the 5v5 multiplayer tournament. I would have loved to have been the proud winner of the Uncharted 2 FORTUNE HUNTER edition (with the sick dagger from the game!!!)....but I was not.




Here's a close up of the super awesome you-can-only-win-it-which-means-you-won't-ever-have-it edition


My team, codenamed: Grenade got eliminated in the first round. (to my defense, I had the highest score in the team, which was 6 kills...as high as the top player on the opposing team!) Well needless to say I was a bit bummed out, only to be called back in for a second chance play though! I was a part of team SARK the second time, and we made it through to the next round. The new level -- The Sanctuary-- that they debuted was great. It was just as good if not better than the Village and The Ice Cave levels already available for play on the beta.

Along with the multiplayer levels, the producer on the game --Sam Thompson I believe--debuted 3 never-before-seen levels of the single player campaign. (well minus one=the locomotive train scene). Those were pretty sick too..

Overall it was a great experience for a fan like myself and many others to be able to attend an event put on directly by the game developer whose games we love. It's times like these when I get the feeling that maybe my passion for video games isn't ALL useless...



The best part of all was... Naughty Dog was kind enough to give EVERYONE of the attendees free swag...including the full retail copy of the game!!! 8 days early!!! Needless to say, I cornered Amy Hennig, the creative Director, and got her to autograph it.!! Check out the pics





I've only previously been able to attend the Sony GDC 2009 Blog meetup way back in March/April and this was a second but nonetheless even more amazing one!.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment